1 lb ground beef
¼ cup tomato sauce
½ onion, diced
3 cups or handful of spinach. Chop it up
½ onion, diced
7 eggs (6 eggs if they are really big)
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoon mustard
1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Salt (a pinch, maybe ¼ tsp)
black pepper (a pinch)
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Brown ground beef and onions together in a skillet on medium heat. Drain any excess fat. Transfer the ground beef to a pie pan. Saute the spinach with 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet on medium heat. Sautee until the spinach is limp, maybe 5 min. Place the spinach on top of the meat mixture. Pour the tomato sauce over the mixture. The tomato sauce won't completely cover the meat. If you desire, you can add more tomato sauce.
3) Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the meat mixture
4) In a bowl, mix eggs, heavy cream, mustard, salt & pepper. Pour egg mixture on top of the cheddar cheese
5) Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
6) Let quiche set for 5 minutes before cutting and serving
Amy Milligan is a cook, low-carb enthusiast, home-school educator, devoted mother of two and wife of Science Fit founder Dr. Trey Milligan.
With a flair for converting traditional recipes into delectable low carb versions, Amy prepares scrumptious low-carb meals for select private clients and shares recipes and the joy of cooking in small group demonstrations.
To book a small group cooking demonstration with Amy, call or text Science Fit at 405-748-0028.